GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where to buy plants online? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2784-where-buy-plants-online.html)

Some Guy 16-02-2003 02:53 AM

Where to buy plants online?

Does anyone have any suggestions for buying plants online. I am looking for
a site that explains the different types of plants and their care
requirements.

Also, what are some good floating plants to put in a tank?

Thanks,
Aaron

E. Mito 16-02-2003 04:19 AM

Where to buy plants online?

In article , "Some Guy"
writes:

Does anyone have any suggestions for buying plants online. I am looking for
a site that explains the different types of plants and their care
requirements.

I would recommend www.trueaquariumplants.com. If you don't see enough detail
about plant care for a particular species of plant, don't hesitate to ask the
owner, Phyl, for help. She is very charming and friendly, and has provided me
with the most excellent customer service I have yet to experience. She knows
her plants and will help you get them to thrive.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Eric Schreiber 16-02-2003 08:27 AM

Where to buy plants online?

"Some Guy" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions for buying plants online. I am looking for
a site that explains the different types of plants and their care
requirements.

I recently bought some from PetSolutions.com. The plants were
beautiful specimens when they arrived.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of ordering in the dead of winter.
Despite the fact that the box had "Live plants, do not expose to
extreme temperature" type warnings all over it, there was ice all over
the plants.

A crypt and an anubias were a total loss, though it was two days
before the leaves all fell off. Two bunches of dwarf sag were damaged,
but appear to be recovering. And an anubias nana survived the ordeal
just fine.

So, I think PetSolutions is a good source, but that you shouldn't
order from them during a season when the shipper can easily kill your
plants by leaving them on an unheated dock overnight.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

John Worfin 16-02-2003 02:36 PM

Where to buy plants online?

I have also had a wonderful experience with Phyl. I have yet to purchase
plants, but her advice was "dead-on". I made a few changes, at her
recommendation and my tank has never looked better.

I would not hesitate to buy plants from her.

John Worfin 16-02-2003 02:36 PM

Where to buy plants online?

I have also had a wonderful experience with Phyl. I have yet to purchase
plants, but her advice was "dead-on". I made a few changes, at her
recommendation and my tank has never looked better.

I would not hesitate to buy plants from her.

Jim 16-02-2003 08:39 PM

Where to buy plants online?

I just recently purchased a few dozen plants from a guy named Marco at
www.aquatic-store.com and had great success! I ordered a few dozen
plants over net paying with PayPal. You can order any amount, but
since I live in Anchorage, Alaska and had read good things about this
site I took a chance and was rewarded greatly. He even through in
extra plants (over a dozen) for free. The best part is he doesn't
gouge you on shipping and they are from very nice personal aquariums
versus large farmed variety at a nursery. Definitely worth looking at
his site! I'm very excited to have such unique plants too, my LFS
doesn't carry much in the way of unique, or high quality.

Good luck! Jim

blarneytoad 17-02-2003 04:41 AM

Where to buy plants online?

I've ordered from trueaquariumplants also. Very happy with
the order and the order included more than I paid for by the
price list.IOW if you order $50 to $100 of plants instead of
getting 5 of xyz you might get 7-8 of xyz especially in the case
of stem plants.

E. Mito 17-02-2003 05:28 PM

Where to buy plants online?

In article , Eric Schreiber
writes:

So, I think PetSolutions is a good source, but that you shouldn't
order from them during a season when the shipper can easily kill your
plants by leaving them on an unheated dock overnight.

I bought my plant order from Phyl at trueaquariumplants.com during a summer
heatwave, and she enclosed cold packs to keep the plants safe from overheating.
I would imagine she would use heat packs during very cold seasons in the
winter; she was very conscientious about asking what the weather was like in
L.A. to make sure she could optimally package the plants.