GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cold water algae eater (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2787-cold-water-algae-eater.html)

JohnDoe 16-02-2003 12:37 PM

cold water algae eater

Whats a good cold water fish that eats algaes? Otos only live warm water.

kush 16-02-2003 02:04 PM

cold water algae eater

Goldfish and snails.

JohnDoe wrote in message
om...
Whats a good cold water fish that eats algaes? Otos only live warm water.

kush 16-02-2003 02:04 PM

cold water algae eater

Goldfish and snails.

JohnDoe wrote in message
om...
Whats a good cold water fish that eats algaes? Otos only live warm water.

Moontanman 16-02-2003 07:48 PM

cold water algae eater

Stone Rollers make good cold and or cool water algae eaters. they do well at
temps from 55 to 75 degrees. They can be found in most small rocky fast flowing
streams east of the Mississippi.
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me

Dave M. Picklyk 18-02-2003 04:09 AM

cold water algae eater

Ameca Splendends (Butterfly Goodieds) are excellent hair/filamentous algae
eaters that can live quite well in a wide range of temperatures from 60 to
85 degrees.

They can get to be about 3 inches and are not recommended with fish that
have long flowing fins like bettas etc.

Check them out. They are silvery fish and the males have extremely bright
yellow tales. They are an endangered species in Mexico. I have access to a
breeder if you need them.

Dave.
"JohnDoe" wrote in message
om...
Whats a good cold water fish that eats algaes? Otos only live warm water.

Dave M. Picklyk 18-02-2003 04:09 AM

cold water algae eater

Ameca Splendends (Butterfly Goodieds) are excellent hair/filamentous algae
eaters that can live quite well in a wide range of temperatures from 60 to
85 degrees.

They can get to be about 3 inches and are not recommended with fish that
have long flowing fins like bettas etc.

Check them out. They are silvery fish and the males have extremely bright
yellow tales. They are an endangered species in Mexico. I have access to a
breeder if you need them.

Dave.
"JohnDoe" wrote in message
om...
Whats a good cold water fish that eats algaes? Otos only live warm water.

Aquatic-store.com 26-02-2003 02:44 PM

cold water algae eater

Algae eating shrimp are coldwater as well Japonica.

Marcus

http://www.Aquatic-store.com

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 04:09:07 GMT, "Dave M. Picklyk"
wrote:

Ameca Splendends (Butterfly Goodieds) are excellent hair/filamentous algae
eaters that can live quite well in a wide range of temperatures from 60 to
85 degrees.

They can get to be about 3 inches and are not recommended with fish that
have long flowing fins like bettas etc.

Check them out. They are silvery fish and the males have extremely bright
yellow tales. They are an endangered species in Mexico. I have access to a
breeder if you need them.

Dave.
"JohnDoe" wrote in message
. com...
Whats a good cold water fish that eats algaes? Otos only live warm water.

Aquatic-store.com 26-02-2003 02:44 PM

cold water algae eater

wrote:

Ameca Splendends (Butterfly Goodieds) are excellent hair/filamentous algae
eaters that can live quite well in a wide range of temperatures from 60 to
85 degrees.

They can get to be about 3 inches and are not recommended with fish that
have long flowing fins like bettas etc.

Check them out. They are silvery fish and the males have extremely bright
yellow tales. They are an endangered species in Mexico. I have access to a
breeder if you need them.

Dave.
"JohnDoe" wrote in message
. com...
Whats a good cold water fish that eats algaes? Otos only live warm water.