Old 17-02-2003, 04:47 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default K2S04, what's it used for?

What is potassium sulfate used for when dosing? I'm just curious

Thanx.
Dave.

Old 17-02-2003, 05:05 AM
zxcvbob

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote:

What is potassium sulfate used for when dosing? I'm just curious

Thanx.
Dave.

Potasium is one of the "macro nutrients", or a major component of all
balanced plant fertilizers.

Best regards,
Bob

Old 17-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Bob Alston

By law, fertilizers are labeled for NPK. Potassium is the "K" part. Plants
need all three. As I recall, fish food provides a lot of the phosporus (the
"P"). The Nitrogen part is provided by fish waste of ammonia converted to
nitrate. A good introduction to all this stuff can be found at
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_p...izer_intro.htm

Bob
. ca...

Old 18-02-2003, 01:58 AM
Cannibul

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:48:42 GMT, "Dave M. Picklyk"
wrote:

What role does Potassium Sulfate play as a macronutrient?

Well I'll bet that it provides Potassium!