Old 17-02-2003, 07:37 AM
John Worfin

Default Which CO2 Reactor?

I'm looking to replace my broken CO2 reactor. Any suggestions?

Old 17-02-2003, 03:27 PM
Joachim Laufer

Hello John,
if you using a canister filter, just plug the CO2 outging
to the incoming of your canister.
Cheers Joachim

In article ,
says...

I'm looking to replace my broken CO2 reactor. Any suggestions?

Old 18-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Cannibul

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 07:37:11 GMT, "John Worfin"
wrote:

I'm looking to replace my broken CO2 reactor. Any suggestions?

You could always build your own.
Old 18-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Cannibul

Old 18-02-2003, 03:34 AM
Aqua

I'm looking to replace my broken CO2 reactor. Any suggestions?

Get a Duetto Internal Filter (DJ50) and connect your CO2 tube to the filters
airline inlet. Cheap and Best. You can see the picture here
http://www.dlink.org/aqua/CO2.html

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 18-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Robert H

"John Worfin" wrote in message .net...
I'm looking to replace my broken CO2 reactor. Any suggestions?

Depends on what size tank you have. Aquamedic has a real nice external
reactor, the Reactor 1000, that can hang on the back of your aquarium
or underneath it using a cannister filter, sump, or pump. It has a lot
of surface area with balls inside it. Easy to hook up and reliable. It
is for larger tanks 75 gallons up to 500 gallons, although one of my
customers hooked it up to a 30 gallon tank!

If you have a smaller tank, Aqua medic's basic Reactor 500 is
inexpensive and does the job...around $27. Just hook a Rio 50 to it.
Or Aqua Medic has a passive diffusor called a membrane reactor that
does not require a pump at all. And it is very inexpensive. You can
see all these things he http://www.aquabotanic.com/CO2page.html

Robert

Old 19-02-2003, 04:58 PM
nikolay_kraltchev

As someone already suggested - if you have a canister filter you don't
need a reactor. Just squeeze the end of the CO2 line in the intake
strainer of the filter. You can try that with an existing powerhead
too but it may be noisy and disperse a lot of fine bubbles in the
water. In my opinion that is not nice looking at all. Still, if you
are not against the looks of an additional piece of equipment in your
tank - by all means, go for it :-) CO2 reactors are marketed so
widely that most people think they got to have them...

Old 20-02-2003, 09:40 PM
John Worfin

Thanks,

Your approach makes good sense. And saves me money too. That meets my
defiinition of perfect ;-)!

om...

Old 26-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Aquatic-store.com

Make sure the reactor has plenty of media to totally dissapate the co2
and a strong powerhead and you should be fine. I have a few examples
on my website below.

Marcus

http://www.Aquatic-store.com