GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   10ml trace x week too much for 15gal?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2812-10ml-trace-x-week-too-much-15gal.html)

Dave M. Picklyk 19-02-2003 11:19 PM

10ml trace x week too much for 15gal??

I started a new regime of fertilizing twice a week instead of once after a
water change. I've gotten advice from some of you to fertilize with trace
elements twice a week with 4ml dosings. However, bad news, I'm using Ferreal
which recommended 1 dose a week but didn't notice that I was doing 10ml
dosings and now with 2x week it's 2x 10ml which is 20ml. Too much
fertilizers?!

I'm using Ferreal which uses molybdenum to convert nitrates into ammonia for
the plants.---ok..so this conversion from nitrates to ammonia, does it occur
in the plant or in the water?---so it might be adding double the ammonia
into the water than before!

After these changes I've had some neons die and my betta is losing color and
fins are sticking together. Too much ammonia? (I've removed my ammonia
removal insert from my aquaclear filter because it was clogged and making my
plants dusty...and besides I've heard that it's only good for starting new
aquarium systems and not for long term use)

Thanx for any help,
Dave.