Old 22-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Luca Brazi

Default Seachem is the best!

I recently wrote an email to customer support at Seachem regarding a
problem with one of their 100ml bags of Purigen. I received a prompt
response with informative answers and promise of followup. A few days
later, I received an unexpected package from Seachem with a new 250ml
bottle of Purigen and a new media bag. Wow. Quality customer support
is rare these days and I figure the best way to reward it is:

1) continue to use Seachem products (I've always had good results)in
both my freshwater and marine tanks
2) Let other hobbysts know that Seachem stands behind what they sell

Thanks, Seachem.
Old 22-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Ric Seyler

I like the SeaChem SeaGel carbon/phos. Good stuff!!

I got service like that from AmericanMarine (PinPoint Monitors).
I was having a problem with my PhMeter and Lou at AM gave me GREAT
service plus made me the "Official Suction Cup Beta Tester", because
they have a new run of cups. LOL

But.... I can't say the same for IceCap. I'm having problems with the probe
on my fan causing the RPM to run up and down constantly............
I was told I had to send it in for repairs and it would take a while.
I asked about cross shipping me another fan or probe because my
reef will overheat without the fan... no dice, even offered to solder on
the new
probe myself.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old 24-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Beruka

I agree the service is good. I have used Prime , Alk buffer, Equilibrium and
fluorish for years successfully. It works well and is easy to obtain, I
really learned how to be a successful fw plant grower elsewhere though.
Maybe they can hire me part time to write product use guidlines.

I haven't used Seachem products for reef tank though. I would avoid aluminum
oxide as salt water mixes have enough metals already. I have heard good
things about Reef plus but do not use anything at all except CaribSea
reactor media and water changes with the best results so far.

Beruka