Old 21-02-2003, 10:51 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Hygrophilia polysperma - Free USA Only

"WD" wrote:

Hush. This is the only way some ppl can get quality plants

I never said a word

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 21-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Aqua

Might want to be careful about mailing that stuff. From what I've
read, it's illegal to ship to these states: AK, AL, AR, CA, CO, CT,
DE, FL, GA, HI, KS, LA, MA, MN, MS, MT, NV, NH, NM, NC, OK, OR, SC,
TN, TX, UT, VT, WI, WY

Where did you get this information from? Any Website etc.

I am in GA and I think I got this plant through an Online seller.

Thank You
Dominic
Old 21-02-2003, 02:06 PM
kush

Aqua wrote
Where did you get this information from? Any Website etc.

I see pots of H. polysperma for sale at my local (New Hampshire) Petco all
the time.

From the Arizona Aquatic Gardends www.azgardens.com...

"Hygrophila, Green (Hygrophila polysperma) ATTN: THE U.S.D.A. HAS ISSUED
THIS PLANT TO BE A NOXIOUS WEED CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILED INFO"

(The link didn't work for me)

Old 21-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Ross Vandegrift

In article , kush wrote:
From the Arizona Aquatic Gardends www.azgardens.com...

"Hygrophila, Green (Hygrophila polysperma) ATTN: THE U.S.D.A. HAS ISSUED
THIS PLANT TO BE A NOXIOUS WEED CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILED INFO"

I recently read up on this. Dug up some info with Google that said it
was illegal in Nevada, Utah, California, and Florida. The pages were at
least a year or two old, so perhaps that's changed.

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.

Old 21-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Ron Nelson

"Aqua" wrote in message
om...
Might want to be careful about mailing that stuff. From what I've
read, it's illegal to ship to these states: AK, AL, AR, CA, CO, CT,
DE, FL, GA, HI, KS, LA, MA, MN, MS, MT, NV, NH, NM, NC, OK, OR, SC,
TN, TX, UT, VT, WI, WY

Where did you get this information from? Any Website etc.

I am in GA and I think I got this plant through an Online seller.

Thank You
Dominic

After much searching I found a couple of links that I think all of us might
find useful in these sort of matters. The first link provides links to most
states Noxious Weed lists. And the second link is a USDA searchable online
database of Noxious Weeds with results broken down by state. From what I can
find this plant is only illegal in Florida, North Carolina, and South
Carolina. If anyone can provide any additional information please do...

Thanks
Ron

http://www.ars-grin.gov/npgs/tax/taxweed.html

http://invader.dbs.umt.edu/Noxious_Weeds/

Old 21-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Eric Schreiber

(Aqua) wrote:

Where did you get this information from? Any Website etc.
I am in GA and I think I got this plant through an Online seller.

Hopefully this link will work...

http://www.petsolutions.com/cgi-bin/...00.000000&l=67

It should be noted that PetSolutions is a store, not an official legal
site, so their information may well be wrong. However, since it's in
their best interest to sell wherever they can, I suspect they have at
least some idea what they're talking about.

--
www.ericschreiber.com