GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   YoYo loaches and Ghost Shrimp? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/28233-yoyo-loaches-ghost-shrimp.html)

Randal 22-05-2003 10:08 PM

YoYo loaches and Ghost Shrimp?

Does anyone know if YoYo loaches and ghost shrimp can be kept in the
same tank? I have a 20 gallon tank, a few Java ferns, some Java moss,
swordtails, a platy and a ton of pond snails. My kids like the shrimp
'cause they are fun to watch... I want the YoYo to snack on the snails
but will he also snack on the shrimp?

Thanks in advance!

Randal

Victor M. Martinez 22-05-2003 10:44 PM

Randal wrote:
'cause they are fun to watch... I want the YoYo to snack on the snails
but will he also snack on the shrimp?

Yes, he probably will. Besides, Yoyo loaches like to be in groups, not alone.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Kay C. 26-05-2003 09:20 AM

(Victor M. Martinez) wrote in message ...
Randal wrote:
'cause they are fun to watch... I want the YoYo to snack on the snails
but will he also snack on the shrimp?

Yes, he probably will. Besides, Yoyo loaches like to be in groups, not alone.

I've had a ghost shrimp in my loach tank for approx 4 months with no
problem. He quite frequently sits on the driftwood with the loaches
(yoyo's & blue finned loaches).

Kay