Old 22-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Greg Dalton

Default needle valves

Using Co2 tank and I can get some sort of slow bubbling with it but
anyone got a
cheap website or maybe a part from Lowe's that I can use for a needle
valve??

Old 22-02-2003, 12:05 PM
LeighMo

Using Co2 tank and I can get some sort of slow bubbling with it but
anyone got a
cheap website or maybe a part from Lowe's that I can use for a needle
valve??

Someone here used a needle valve from Home Depot. I think it was Cichlid
Chick. It was brass, and only a couple of dollars. She said it worked fine,
though I don't know how long it held up over the long term. If she's reading
the newsgroup, maybe she'll give us an update.

Leigh

Old 22-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Bob Alston

I tried the "Home Depot cheapo" valve setup and never could get it to work.
I got a real needle valve for about $20 plus shipping. Works great.

Bob

Old 22-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Aqua

Someone here used a needle valve from Home Depot. I think it was Cichlid
Chick. It was brass, and only a couple of dollars. She said it worked

fine,

http://www.dlink.org/aqua/CO2.html

This works fine for me.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 22-02-2003, 06:29 PM
zxcvbob

Greg Dalton wrote:

Using Co2 tank and I can get some sort of slow bubbling with it but
anyone got a
cheap website or maybe a part from Lowe's that I can use for a needle
valve??

I don't use a needle valve, I use a flow restrictor that I made by
crushing a piece of 1/4" copper tubing with a hammer and anvil until it
will just barely pass any CO2. It's similar to the capillary tube used
to separate the high and low pressure sides in refrigeration. I adjust
the actual bubble rate by adjusting the pressure at the regulator. It
is *very* nonlinear; to increase the flow from 2 bubbles per second to
3, I might have to increase the regulator pressure by 10, and to get 4
bubbles per second might take 40 pounds.

Best regards,
Bob