Old 23-02-2003, 07:42 AM
willis stanley

Default co2 regulator adjustment

I'm new to setting up a CO2 pressurized system and have a quick
question. The regulator I have is single gauge only which I assume
shows the tank pressure. How do those of you with single gauge
regulators figure out when you have appropriate pressure feeding out to
the needle valve (I'm assuming ~10psi, is that wrong?)
Old 08-03-2003, 11:37 PM
Bob Alston

Good question, which I can't answer given I have a dual guage tank. Suggest
you ask the regulator mfg. However, from what I have been reading about
needle valves, which really are flow control valves, if you set the pressure
high enough, further increases in pressure will make little if any change on
the amount of gas that goes thru the needle valve. So you might just try
that, get to a level of pressure where further opening of the regulators
doesn't affect the bubble rate.

YOu might also see how many turns of the regulator from closed to full open
and the max pressure and if the opening is linear. that would allow you to
estimate it.

Good luck. Post what you find out.

Bob