GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   2003 Bread Upon the Waters Project (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2853-re-2003-bread-upon-waters-project.html)

Ghazanfar Ghori 20-02-2003 09:34 PM

2003 Bread Upon the Waters Project

You should ask for payment first. Noone ships before getting
paid for it. Cept COD.

"kush" wrote in message
OK, so far I've been stiffed for the freight on two out of three of the
plant packages I've given away this year.

Before I start composting, if anyone wants to pick up free plants in
southwest New Hampshire/Keene-Brattleboro area, drop me a line.

(Rich, I haven't forgotten about you - I just don't know when I'll be in
Boston next)

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

350X_Rider 20-02-2003 09:45 PM

2003 Bread Upon the Waters Project

I'd post their names, make everyone aware of the.... slackers... as opposed
to losers....

honesty isn't assumed, nor should trust be given away....

Rich Conley 20-02-2003 09:57 PM

2003 Bread Upon the Waters Project

If your gonna be in Lowell at some point, then we can talk(it may be easier
for me..., My little borther will be at teh New England wrestling
championships in about three weeks up there...(he made it last year..so I
assume he will this year.)

LeighMo 20-02-2003 11:17 PM

2003 Bread Upon the Waters Project

It's a hobby. When I stop trusting you, it stops being fun.

FWIW...they probably didn't intend to stiff you. They probably just forgot,
and now that it's been so long, they're too embarrassed to even speak to you.
Irresponsibility and procrastination, not malice.

That's why ask for payment in advance (preferably PayPal). IME, it preserves
friendships. Even if *I* don't mind getting stiffed, *they* feel so guilty
about it they slink off, and never post again.

Leigh