Old 26-02-2003, 11:17 PM
LeighMo

Default Pruning Equipment

Is there a picture of it on the Net? I searched Google but can't find any of
these kits.

http://www.petsolutions.com/cgi-bin/...64.310000&l=34

Leigh

Old 27-02-2003, 04:48 AM
linda mar

here's one on-line vendor with the picture of the kit that is mentioned
(there are few others that also sell the same thing, but this is where i got
mine):

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=4934

if the link doesn't work, do a search on "landscaping tool kit" and it
should pop up.

linda

news

Old 27-02-2003, 06:02 AM
E. Mito

In article , "350X_Rider"
writes:

Save your money, and use some basic scissors, and your hands... not really
scientific, but there's not really a need, unless you get personal
satisfaction out of it, then by all means, go ahead...

My tank is a 55 gallon tall tank on a stand; even standing on the highest step
of a 3-step stool I have trouble reaching the bottom of the tank where I need
to do work. So having the long-stemmed scissors and tweezers is a necessity
for me...maybe not for someone with a shorter tank and/or longer arms.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Old 27-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Frank Mamone

Thanks for th links everyone. I was searching Aquascaping, that's why I
coudn't find one. Now I need to find a Canadian supplier if posssible.

Big Als doesn't seem to carry it.

Old 27-02-2003, 10:31 PM

I use mainly the fingers.

Some scissors, any size will do, I prefer small ones and dry them
after using to prevent rust and marl build up.

I use a come to clean hairgrass, combing one's hair if you will.

I use large tweezers, these can be had for 2-6$ at most flea market
tool sale bins.

Plastic Paint scraper for pulling gravel away from the glass, leveling
the gravel etc.

About it.

Some folks use fishing line and cork etc to add plants to various
substrates/attach to wood/rock etc.

I think those sets are a waste of $. But some folks might like them.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Old 27-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Bob Alston

Great prices on stainless steel scissors. I bought two sizes.

http://www.medicalsuppliesplus.net/S...ges/page08.htm

Bob
om...