GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning Equipment (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2877-pruning-equipment.html)

Frank Mamone 26-02-2003 02:16 PM

Pruning Equipment

Before I go out and buy the pruning kits at the LFS, what do you pros use to
maintain your planted aquariums?

Thanks

kush 26-02-2003 04:23 PM

Pruning Equipment

I have grown my right thumbnail. My mother thinks I'm a drug addict.

.. .

E. Mito 26-02-2003 04:50 PM

Pruning Equipment

In article , "Frank Mamone"
writes:

Before I go out and buy the pruning kits at the LFS, what do you pros use to
maintain your planted aquariums?

I use (and like) the Aquatic Gardens aquascaping toolkit. It's pricey (~$30),
but I've grown dependent on the long curved scissors and the long stemmed
tweezers. Also comes with a gravel rake which is handy, but not as essential
as the scissors/tweezers.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

350X_Rider 26-02-2003 05:59 PM

Pruning Equipment

Save your money, and use some basic scissors, and your hands... not really
scientific, but there's not really a need, unless you get personal
satisfaction out of it, then by all means, go ahead...

Like kush, I grew my nails out a little and my thumb nails have become my
pruners.... they work great, just a little pinch and boom all gone...

Rich Conley 26-02-2003 06:06 PM

Pruning Equipment

I use my Leatherman micro. I get a little wet...but..whatever..it workss well.

Dave Millman 26-02-2003 06:41 PM

Pruning Equipment

Frank Mamone wrote:

Before I go out and buy the pruning kits at the LFS, what do you pros use to
maintain your planted aquariums?

My fingernails aren't long enough. I used a pair of $4 stainless steel scissors
from the office supply store for a year, and still use it in fact.

But recently I have been growing hairgrass, which is VERY fine, and I bought the
aquatic gardeners kit to enable me to plant individual blades. The 11" tweezers
are maginficent, and the gravel rake is actually useful.

The $4 scissors still get the most use.

Frank Mamone 26-02-2003 06:44 PM

Pruning Equipment

I guess I'll get myself a good nail clipper instead to keep my thumb nail
finely tuned:)

Frank Mamone 26-02-2003 06:44 PM

Pruning Equipment

I guess I'll get myself a good nail clipper instead to keep my thumb nail
finely tuned:)