Old 26-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Wilma Duncan

Default azgardens: Opinion ???

Lyn, email me as I carry nice healthy aquarium plants and all sales
benefits school children.

"Lyn" wrote in message
om...
Hello All,
I'm trying to setup a new plant tank, and planning to get them from
azgardens. Any opinion on this place ??

Old 26-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Lyn

Old 26-02-2003, 07:45 PM
kush

I buy from Arizona Aquatic Gardens a few times a year. They have a
particularly nice selection, including a lot of very hard to find varieties,
and their plants are as high or higher quality as anything I've seen.
Really nice people, too, in the not entirely unlikely event that you have a
small shipping discrepancy.

I have occasionally gotten some surprises, like the time I ordered a couple
of "medium" pink swords and got four [expletive] behemoths that were over
three feet tall (to try to fit into a 22" tall tank). I must say, though,
I've gotten more pleasant surprises than unpleasant, including a few plants
which have become favourites that I would never have thought to have
actually ordered (and I sold the pinks to my lfs at a profit). And I can
almost guarantee that you will get a few red ramshorn snails with your
order.

Short answer: Highly recommended, but be prepared for surprises, usually but
not-guaranteed-to-be pleasant.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

Old 26-02-2003, 10:01 PM
LeighMo

I'm trying to setup a new plant tank, and planning to get them from
azgardens. Any opinion on this place ??

Go to www.deja.com and search on "azgardens"

I highly recommend reading the posts about this place before placing an order.

Leigh

Old 26-02-2003, 10:33 PM
kush

Huh. I'd never read that before, but I can't say that I'm especially
surprised - some really nice people delivering really crappy customer
service. I recollect now that I did have a miserable experience the one
time I ordered actual merchandise from them.

But their plants ARE very, very nice.

kush

Old 26-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Samala

Never dealt with AZGardens.com as they are unwavering on their minimum
order amount. Nothing wrong with that, honest.. just that I'm in
college and have no money so I can't come up with the cash for a huge
order.. besides, my tank's aren't large enough for it.

I wanted to suggest http://www.aquaticplantdepot.com , they're based
in Tampa, FL. I've done quite a few orders from them, really nice
people and great plants, never had any problems. Prices are low,
there's no minimum and shipping is quite reasonable. Selection could
be a bit better, but they have a decent range.

Sarah

Old 26-02-2003, 10:56 PM
LeighMo

Huh. I'd never read that before, but I can't say that I'm especially
surprised - some really nice people delivering really crappy customer
service. I recollect now that I did have a miserable experience the one
time I ordered actual merchandise from them.

Yeah. Unlike some online pet stores I could name, I never got the impression
that AZGardens was out to rip people off or anything. They just suffer from
fits of incompetence. They have stuff that really tempts me, but I'm afraid it
wouldn't be worth the hassle. If I take a day off work to wait for a live fish
delivery, the fish darned well better arrive.

Leigh

Old 26-02-2003, 11:01 PM
LeighMo

I wanted to suggest http://www.aquaticplantdepot.com , they're based
in Tampa, FL. I've done quite a few orders from them, really nice
people and great plants, never had any problems. Prices are low,
there's no minimum and shipping is quite reasonable. Selection could
be a bit better, but they have a decent range.

I second that recommendation. I've ordered from them twice, and was very happy
with my order and their customer service both times. (And for those seeking P.
bridgesii, AquaticPlantDepot.com has them. They call them Ampularia cuprina,
but they are Pomacea bridgesii. All kinds of pretty colors!)

Also recommend TrueAquariumPlants.com. They have a slightly different plant
selection. The prices are a little higher, but you get a lot of plants for
your money. Portions are very generous!

Leigh