GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Recipe for de-chlorinator using sodium thiosulfate (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2882-recipe-de-chlorinator-using-sodium-thiosulfate.html)

Bob Alston 27-02-2003 01:16 AM

Recipe for de-chlorinator using sodium thiosulfate

I am trying to finalize a recipe for using sodium thiosulfate to make my own
chlorine remover. I called the water company and know that they use plain
old chlorine gas - not chloramine. So sodium thiosulfate should work just
fine. Bought a pound locally for $7.00

Recipes I have heard see to vary between 4 ounces sodium thiosulfate to a
gallon of water,
to then be used 1 drop per gallon - - to double that amount.

Anyone have a recipe they have used with success?

Or a definitive source for a recipe?

Bob