Old 25-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Dwarf hairgrass

I just bought a mat of dwarf hairgrass (for those of you in Austin,
Amazonia has them for $4.99 and they have a sale going on). I put it in my
new 20g tank and just weighted it down with small river stones. Is this
the right way of "planting" it? The substrate is all fluorite. Any advise
would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old 27-05-2003, 01:20 AM

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message ...
I just bought a mat of dwarf hairgrass (for those of you in Austin,
Amazonia has them for $4.99 and they have a sale going on). I put it in my
new 20g tank and just weighted it down with small river stones. Is this
the right way of "planting" it? The substrate is all fluorite. Any advise
would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

I take them out and separate them into bunches of about 10-20 blades
each. I plant these about 1-2 inches apart for the area I want to fill
in. I raise the CO2 up rather high and use Amano shrimps and snails.
You might want to have a comb to brush your grass and remove any algae
or detrtus that may settle in the grass.

The same method of planting applies to Gloss, Marselia, Elatine, etc.
Dwarf hairgrass is a particularly good plant IMO.

Regards,
Tom Barr