Old 27-02-2003, 06:42 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default white slime on airstone from C02 bubbling?

I've been getting a white slime building up on my white airstonee when I
have C02 bubbling through it...it's gets quite annoying since I have to
clean it every few days. What is this material? Is it harmless to the fish?
What stone does not react with the C02?---is the Rena micro fine bubbler
good for this?

Thanx!
Dave.

Old 28-02-2003, 12:27 AM
SLEngst

The Rena microbubbler works great for diffusing CO2, however, I, also get some
slime buildup, but not with the frequency you mention. Seems to wipe off
easily.

Sharon

Old 28-02-2003, 02:28 AM
Eric Schreiber

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote:

I've been getting a white slime building up on my white airstonee when I
have C02 bubbling through it...it's gets quite annoying since I have to
clean it every few days. What is this material? Is it harmless to the fish?
What stone does not react with the C02?---is the Rena micro fine bubbler
good for this?

Comments about that slime buildup on airstones is the main reason I
decided not to go with an airstone for my CO2 setup. In some messages
I read, it had been linked to the exploding of DIY 2-liter bottles
when it got too gummed up.

My DIY CO2 systems hooks into a Hagen diffuser. I see the same slimy
stuff as appears on airstones, but it can't block the open tubing
nearly as easily as it can an airstone.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Old 08-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Aquatic-store.com

Sounds like you have a co2 setup and the moisture from your diy setup
is doing it. I do not think it will hurt anything but I would clean
it off .

Marcus

Check out our updated store with co2 equipment, lighting, live plants
and more

http://www.Aquatic-Store.com