Old 26-05-2003, 04:44 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default Updated Dave's Aquascape website!

Hi! I've just finally updated my Aquascape website at
www.picklyk.com/aquascape ...check it out! Hope you enjoy yourself. Let me
know if you have any comments or thoughts...

thanx!!

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

Old 26-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Eric Schreiber

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote:

Hi! I've just finally updated my Aquascape website at
www.picklyk.com/aquascape ...check it out! Hope you enjoy yourself. Let me
know if you have any comments or thoughts...

Why do you insist on torturing me with great pictures of your tank?
I've been unable to beat the algae or take a decent picture. I think
you're out to frustrate me personally!

I am closing in on the algae problem, finally. Started adding
potassium, and right away I got pearling.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 02-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

hehe...sorry Eric. But if it makes you feel any better, I've gone through
hell myself with algae problems as everyone has I'm sure. Your introduction
of potassium is good,...consistant dosing of PMDD macronutrients will
eventually give the plants the upper hand.

Remember to cut off the algae infected stuff before dosing with PMDD and
clean the glass. I still actually have some dark hair algae on one part of
my driftwood...I don't think you really ever get rid of it.

Some presence of algae is one sign of a healthy ecosystem.

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

Old 02-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Eric Schreiber

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote:

Remember to cut off the algae infected stuff before dosing with PMDD and
clean the glass.

Good advice, and I've been doing that recently. The situation seems to
be coming under control, finally, with the algae I remove not being
immediately replaced.

I've got some unknown number of otocinclus cats in the tank - they
hide, so I don't know how many are left or if they're on strike or
what. They did nice work initially but simply couldn't keep up, I
guess. Last week I added three SAEs, which are doing a tremendous job,
and staying visible. They're nice looking, too. I'm pretty happy with
them, and may add more in another week or two. I'm waiting to see how
things balance.

I still actually have some dark hair algae on one part of
my driftwood...I don't think you really ever get rid of it.

I get some thick, luxurious green algae on a couple of rocks in the
tank, and I very much like the way it looks there. But despite
frequent attempts at discussing the situation, I can't convince the
algae that the rocks are the only place it should be. My negotiation
skills aren't what they used to be.

Anyhow, keep up the good work with the inspiring pictures.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Dave's Website. Oscar_Lives Lawns 2 20-12-2005 06:03 AM
Updated Dave's Aquascape website! Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 18-07-2003 10:15 AM
Updated "Dave's Aquascape" site :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
Dave's Aquascape website updated! Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 11-04-2003 06:56 AM
Updated "Dave's Aquascape" site :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-03-2003 07:44 AM