Old 28-02-2003, 02:59 AM
linda mar

Default web sites with algae photos?

Hi all,

I have few different types of algae in my tank (nothing earthshattering
here...). I figured out the brown stuff is diatoms (not exactly algae, but
that's besides the point), but beyond that, I'm having problems identifying
what else I have based on descriptions I see on most fish sites. When I
manage to find photos in books or on the web, etc, nothing looks like what I
have.. or when I think I know what I have, I read another information that
says otherwise, and I get totally confused, and back to square one.

so, I was hoping someone may have a good web site with photos and
descriptions of what algae looks like what in various stages of development
that is typically seen in a tropical freshwater aquarium. or something that
is concrete that I can discern what I have, and decide whether it's a type
of algae I have to scrub it off myself, or let my oto handle it. etc. (I
keep hearing horror stories of algae running amok/out of control when
someone ignored it for a while.. and most references says to nip certain
types of algae in the bud...)

can anyone point me to the site like that?

thanks!
linda

Old 28-02-2003, 03:08 AM
Aqua

so, I was hoping someone may have a good web site with photos and
descriptions of what algae looks like what in various stages of

development
that is typically seen in a tropical freshwater aquarium. or something

that

http://www.aquaticscape.com/index75.html
Then Click Algae

--