Old 02-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Allen Smith

Default Rotala macandra (sp?) and purple camboda

Hi, I'm interested in the above plants. The recent discussion about
the purple variety of camboda (sp) has got me very interested. It
seems like a very nice hue that I'd like to add to my tank. If anyone
has any for sale I'll pay you what you want.

On the topic of bright red plants, what would do best in a CO2
injected tank with bright lighting? I assume rotala macandra (I think
that's the right plant) as that's what most people use. I'm also
interested in that small plant that has been faily popular (lotus
family I think) and is bright red. If anyone has those for sale I'd
pay for those too.

What would spice my tank up? I'm looking for color variety. Right now
I mostly have different hues of green and not much else. The rotala
indica doesn't really show much redness except at the tips and isn't
too noticable. The tank is filled with about 30 cherry barbs and even
though they are exquisite I'm getting tired of the red color of the
fish and want to spice the plants up to offset the massive amount of
them. They just keep on breeding and breeding. I get about 15 new fry
still every month even with all my snails devouring their eggs and a
gouramie that loves to eat the fry.

Send me an email if you have anything of note, or post here. I don't
check here as often as my messages seem to disappear for some reason,
but I will check back in a few days.

Thanks,
Allen
Old 03-03-2003, 01:30 AM
WhiskerFish

On 2 Mar 2003 11:27:23 -0800, (Allen Smith)
wrote:

[...]

The Purple Cobomba was at the Local Animal Jungle. Real pretty
stuff with the top of each stalk a nice purple/ maroon color. I wrote
the spelling down at the store cause it was so different. If it is
wrong they done it!!

WF
Old 08-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Aquatic-store.com

Good plants fopr your setup
Red tiger lotus
Rotal macronda
Rotal magenta
Ammannia gracilis
Eustralis stellatta Purple and light green hues looks great Near the
tops.

Foreground micro E.tenneles (Red /green grassy plant depending on
lights and nutrients.

Marcus

Check out our updated store with co2 equipment, lighting, live plants
and more

http://www.Aquatic-Store.com