Old 27-05-2003, 07:32 PM
RifRaf

Default Will diatom filtration remove anything I'm adding for the plants?

Just concerned whether the diatom filter is *too* good and actually
pulling out the good along with the bad.

Chris

Old 27-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Jim Brown

RifRaf wrote in message
Just concerned whether the diatom filter is *too* good and actually
pulling out the good along with the bad.

Chris

Diatom filters pull out particulate matter down to the size of the mesh. It
won't pull things out that are beneficial as they are all dissolved and will
pass through the filter.
If it pulls anything good out, that would be small fish that slipped through
the intake.

Jim