Old 31-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Aqua

Default Free 12 Plants for the USA - You Pay S/H

You will get
1. Sunset Hygro - 2 stems- 5" each
2. Green Hygro (Polysperma) - 2 stems 5" each
3. Red Ludwiga - 2 Stems - 5" each
4. Small bunch of Baby Tears [Optional/availablity]
5. Egeria Densa - 2 stems - 5" each
6. Star Grass - 3+ Stems - 5" each
7. Didiplis Diandra (or may be Rotala Variery)- 4+ stems
8. Bacopa Carolinana - 3+ Stems
9. Bacopa Monneri - 2+ stems
10. Green Sward - 1 rooted plant
11. Hygrophila Difformis (W. Wisteria) 1 stem
12. Echinodorus Tenellus - 2 Plants
13. Kind of Green Fox Tail - 1 tem (5")
[You will not get any snails with this]

You pay shipping and handling $8.00 including USPS Priority with delivery
confirmation.

Please email me (remove "kickme to email). I do not have premier account
with PayPal so I cannot accept credit card payment through PayPal.
--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 31-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Aqua

One batch gone and one more available.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 31-05-2003, 05:32 PM
SlimFlem

I second what AC/DCdude17 said.

"AC/DCdude17" wrote in message

Aqua wrote:

You pay shipping and handling $8.00 including USPS Priority with

delivery
confirmation.

Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion, which
makes this NOT FREE.

Old 31-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Ross Vandegrift

In article , AC/DCdude17 wrote:
You pay shipping and handling $8.00 including USPS Priority with delivery
confirmation.

Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion, which
makes this NOT FREE.

How are you so sure? And even if that's the case, is providing plants
for other hobbiests at such low cost such a crime?

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.
Old 31-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Eric Schreiber

AC/DCdude17 wrote:

Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion, which
makes this NOT FREE.

I expect that depends on the cost of the packaging Aqua is using, as
well as the postal costs.

Luckily, no one is forcing you to buy from him.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Old 31-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Aqua

Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion, which
makes this NOT FREE.

I should explain this. I use the Priority box (12"x13.5"x2.5"). Depends on
the buyer zip (zone), priority postage would come around $6.50 (includes
Delivery Confirmation $0.45).

And my profit is $1.50 and this includes zip lock bags, packing peanuts,
Printing address labels, car gas and finally my time for the whole.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 01-06-2003, 01:08 AM
LeighMo

Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion, which
makes this NOT FREE.

Seems to me that this is NOT TRUE.

Priority Mail shipping rules have changed. It's no longer $3 or $4 to anywhere
in the country. It costs more depending on distance. I'm in NY, and shipping
a box of plants to the south or to the West coast costs $8 or more more
(depending on weight).

Leigh

Old 01-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Mort

"Aqua" wrote in message
Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion,

which
makes this NOT FREE.

I should explain this. I use the Priority box (12"x13.5"x2.5"). Depends on
the buyer zip (zone), priority postage would come around $6.50 (includes
Delivery Confirmation $0.45).

And my profit is $1.50 and this includes zip lock bags, packing peanuts,
Printing address labels, car gas and finally my time for the whole.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Dont mind them Aqua. Myself and many other hoobyists GREATLY appreciate
your sharing!

~Mort

Old 02-06-2003, 03:32 AM
Eric Schreiber

AC/DCdude17 wrote:

The bottomline is, nobody will offer anything for free unless they're in business
of losing time or money.

Or perhaps, not in business at all, but rather just trying to help out
fellow hobbyists.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 02-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Frank Grimes aka Grimey

"Aqua" wrote in message
Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion,

which
makes this NOT FREE.

I should explain this. I use the Priority box (12"x13.5"x2.5"). Depends on
the buyer zip (zone), priority postage would come around $6.50 (includes
Delivery Confirmation $0.45).

You can get USPS boxes and packing tape for free on USPS website. It is a
free service where you pay for it already and many people don't know about
it.

You have access to PC and you can print shipping labels and even pay for
postage online. If you don't want to pay for the postage you can print a
shipping label and get free delivery confirmation.

Old 02-06-2003, 05:44 AM
LeighMo

Priority for 1 pound and below IS $3.85 NATIONWIDE(used to be $3.50).

But a box of plants, IME, rarely weighs less than one pound. They're wet (or
should be), and that makes them heavy.

I have done some transactions online and when people use fixed rate S&H,
there is
always a thought of profit in it and I don't think the word "free" is just
here.

I think you're being unnecessarily cynical. Many people, especially those of
us giving away plant clippings, used a fixed shipping and handling charge.
It's just easier that way. You don't know for sure how much it's going to be
until you actually go to the P.O. And people like to know how much it's going
to cost them up front. I set the price so I lose money on some shipments and
make a little money on others. I'm sure I lose money overall, but I'm not
doing it for the money.

People with real interest in charging nothing would say "you pay shipping by
xxx
method for xxx weight from zip code #####" + $## handling fee.

Nonsense. You can't know how much it will cost until you take the package to
the P.O. and have it weighed. It's not like shipping widgets; the packing
material usually weighs more than the plants. And once the box is packed, it
has to be mailed. You can't take it back home and leave it on the hall table
while the prospective taker decides if he wants to pay that much. IOW, you're
assuming people are acting out of greed, when in fact they may simply be acting
out of laziness. And they have a right to. If they're giving away plants out
of the goodness of their hearts, they have a right to set up conditions that
are convenient for them, whether it's requiring PayPal or setting a flat rate
for shipping, even if that means some people pay more than the actual cost
while others pay less.

Profit from overcharging shipping and imposing handling fee is a major source
of
revenue for a lot of eBayers and online retailers believe it or not.

I believe it. EBay encourages sellers to set low prices and tack on huge
"handling" fees because they take a cut of the selling price but not of the
shipping and handling. Some states do essentially the same thing, charging a
tax on the cost of the item but not on the shipping and handling.

Leigh

Old 02-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Eric Schreiber

"Aqua" wrote:

You pay shipping and handling $8.00 including USPS Priority with delivery
confirmation.

So, Dominic, have you learned that no good deed goes unpunished?

Seriously, don't let the complainers get you down on this. $8 S/H for
the number of plants you provide is an excellent deal, and most of us
here recognize that.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 02-06-2003, 06:08 PM
RedForeman

For that much shipping, you'll get $60 worth of plants... so maybe it's NOT
free... but it's a damned good deal, and Dominic is more than a great person
to get PMDD and plants from, he's honest, and forthright, and simply enough,
don't like it, don't buy it...

I've bought from him before, and I will again.... simple as that... if I had
room, I'd be taking his whole batch of plants...

Seems to me that you're making money off of the "handling" portion, which
makes this NOT FREE.

consider this, the time, the gas, the packaging of them, the actual cost of
mailing out would be $4-5 anyway, so $8 is nothing to be worried about,
considering you'll get $60 worth of plants....

Old 02-06-2003, 06:08 PM
RedForeman

are you off your meds?

why worry about it?

If you're not interested, move on....

they've tried to help someone, and you must be either jealous, or seriously
confused....

either way, you're not making friends, and the regulars around here don't
appreciate some newbie knownothing trying to make waves around a system
that's been beneficial to most, if not all of us regulars in this group....

IOW, get over it and yourself.... neither one is that important.....

Old 02-06-2003, 09:13 PM
Ron Nelson

I'm really kind of tired of people crying over shipping costs... I have
filled a 75 gallon with plants that for the most part I got from a couple of
people in this newsgroup. The total amount I have paid for all of these
plants is like $20. I couldn't even come close to getting them that cheap
from any of the plant websites. Plus they all want to charge you S&H too...
So either shut the hell up or go cry to your mommy. I'm sick and tired of
it!!!

Ron