Old 04-06-2003, 12:32 PM
KELLY BURGESS

Default CO2 DIY

I have read a little on DIY CO2 injectors, and want to make one when I
eventually buy an aquarium.
I read that the tube from the plastic bottle is connected to the intake tube
of the filter.
Will this not pull the yeast/sugar/water mix from the bottle into the
filter?As I was thinking of buying a canister type filter

How exactly is this DIY CO2 kit setup?

Thank you for any help you are able to give .

Old 04-06-2003, 02:08 PM
DaveS

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:25:39 GMT, "KELLY BURGESS"
wrote:

I have read a little on DIY CO2 injectors, and want to make one when I
eventually buy an aquarium.
I read that the tube from the plastic bottle is connected to the intake tube
of the filter.
Will this not pull the yeast/sugar/water mix from the bottle into the
filter?As I was thinking of buying a canister type filter

How exactly is this DIY CO2 kit setup?

Thank you for any help you are able to give .

You need to leave an air gap between the yeast/sugar/water solution
and the top of the bottle. The filter won't be able to pull the
solution out of the bottle then. I have my airline running straight
into my Fluval 404 with no problems.

Dave

Old 05-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Jak Crow

wrote:

I have read a little on DIY CO2 injectors, and want to make one when I
eventually buy an aquarium.
I read that the tube from the plastic bottle is connected to the intake tube
of the filter.
Will this not pull the yeast/sugar/water mix from the bottle into the
filter?As I was thinking of buying a canister type filter

How exactly is this DIY CO2 kit setup?

Thank you for any help you are able to give .

You need to leave an air gap between the yeast/sugar/water solution
and the top of the bottle. The filter won't be able to pull the
solution out of the bottle then. I have my airline running straight
into my Fluval 404 with no problems.

How do you have running "into" your filter?