Old 05-06-2003, 05:09 AM
Aku, Shapeshifting Master Of Darkness

Default incadecent vs. luminecent

had a shop light 2x40 w setup for a few days. package says it's equal to
175 w incadecent. It's over a 55gal tank. Is this sufficent for
low/moderate plant growth? Can I grow High light plants in this tank? I've
got CO2 on the way. Right now I have 1 melon sword, a bunch of crypts, and
spirilla in there. Do I need more light? Not much room left at the top.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Ron Nelson

I think you'll probably want more light if you want to grow high light
plants... If it were mine I would at least go for 2x65 watt power compacts
or maybe even 4x55 watt. Since you already have co2 on the way you'll be OK
with more than 2 watts per gallon. Although the amount of growth that you
can get out of 3-4 watts per gallon is pretty scary!!!

HTH
Ron