GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aquabotanic (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/30861-aquabotanic.html)

nikolay_kraltchev 07-06-2003 06:32 AM

Aquabotanic

Robert,

Please check your records.
I have NOT ordered a CO2 system from your company, Aquabotanic.
Ever.

You may recall that I sent you pictures of the rotten plants that you
sent me. I still have those pictures.

You don't even remember the people you screw up.
Is that because they are too many of them?

Or you just have trouble remembering simple things? Like things about
your business may be.

Look you even spelled my name wrong despite the fact that is a few
lines above your response.

May I suggest that you limit your posts here to things you actually
have some knowledge about?

--Nikolay

(Robert H) wrote in message . com...
(nikolay_kraltchev) wrote in message . com...
What is that, Rex? "In-your-face" advertisement or what?

Aquabotanic is one of the 2 companies that I've had a terrible experience with.
And I'm not the only one.
I personally will never order anything from the individual that runs Aquabotanic.

--Nikolay

Yes Nickolay, you ordered a C02 system from me, I sent it to you, then
you tried to tell your credit card company that you never got it and
the bill should be taken off your credit card. Believe me Nickolay,
you are not a person I want as a customer either. I am not in the
habit of giving stuff away for free

Robert

Rodman 07-06-2003 03:08 PM

Aquabotanic

I, too, have also had bad experiences with this company and you can be sure
that I will never waste my time again with him.

If you would like a reputable company, try www.aquariumplant.com. Great
experiences with them.

Rodman

WD 07-06-2003 06:08 PM

Aquabotanic

"Rodman" wrote in message

If you would like a reputable company, try www.aquariumplant.com. Great
experiences with them.

Seconded. Great quality, service, prices. The 'assortments' are phenomenal,
great plants for dirt cheap.

[email protected] 08-06-2003 08:44 PM

Aquabotanic

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 16:15:13, "Huh ?" wrote:

I also got a bunch of rotten plants from him. Never again.

Same here. His response to my email pointing out the dreadful state of the
plants was to mention his terms of sale, which provide absolutely no
guarantee on the condition of the plants. Technically correct, I suppose,
but... well, draw your own conclusions.

On a positive note, I've recently received some gorgeous, healthy plants
from http://www.floridadriftwood.com .

Cindy

nikolay_kraltchev 08-06-2003 09:32 PM

Aquabotanic

(Robert H) wrote in message . com...
I remember the letter I got from your credit card company where you
claimed you never recieved your order. Doesn't say anything about
pictures. Did you try that on the other company you "had trouble" with
too? How many others? I'm glad you have found someone who makes you
happy. Thats the great thing about the internet. There's always
someone for everyone. You should buy from Mark, I am sure he would
love to work with you. He has great plants, good prices too. I'll even
put in a good word for you to him. You should come to my forums
Nikolay. I'll even make you a moderator. I'm sure my 800 members would
be very impressed with your vast knowledge and experience about
plants.

Robert,

Thank you for finally spelling my name correctly/

But there is something else you did not get right:
One more time:

1. I have NEVER ordered a CO2 system from you.
2. I have NEVER talked to my credit company about an undelivered
order. Be it plants or any other merchandise from any other company.

Can you comprehend what I am saying?

You cannot remember anythting of what you are saying because it simply
did NOT happen. Don't you keep documentation ? I already told you to
refer to it, but you can't because it doesn't exist.

(ONCE and only once I ordered plants (NOT a CO2 system) from you.
After 3 weeks of waiting and 4 phone calls (every time talking
personally with you) I received a clump of rotten plants. They were
sent at the wrong address despite me and you confirming 3 times that
my billing address is different than the shipping address.
I sent you pictures of the rotten plants.
All you said in one final e-mail was (literal quote): "they look fine
to me".
There was no punctuation, you did not address me by name, you did not
even put your name under that short line.
I NEVER disputed any charges on my credit card.
$80 down the drain.)

I don't judge you. I am not questioning your knowledge about aquatic
plants (although your own tanks look simply put pathetic).

Haha! "800 members"! About 20 regular members visit "your" forum,
from what I can remember and probably see right now. And they are
only people that you "like". No one is allowed to say anything about
your questonable practices on "your own" forum. Posts like "What
online aquatic plant company is reliable?" are cleaned of all
references to any company other than yours.

I suggest you stop worrying about me.
As I said - I will never order from you.
I don't try to convince anyone to not order from you. I just share my
experience. If it was great I'd have said so.

--Nikolay

[email protected] 09-06-2003 01:32 AM

Aquabotanic

wrote in message ...
On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 16:15:13, "Huh ?" wrote:

I also got a bunch of rotten plants from him. Never again.

Cindy

Most vendors have troubles with sending plants at some point. There is
no way to always have prefect plant arrive and also keep shipping cost
low.
If you have a problem,. see what they will do for you about it.
If you are still not satistfied with reasonable efforts, then don't
buy from them again.

Service is king. Quality will vary with every vendor. There's hits for
poor plants for about every vendor that's done this for more than a
few years.
Par for the course.
My main things through the years with all of this is if they have the
selection and I get something viable.
A good grower is able to make the plant grow well and in no time you
have a nice big bunch.

I've had plants come from all over the world and sent plants to
others. I've had some mush come in but they were stem plants coming
from Singapore. Some made it.
Trades also are good and buying from your local aquarium society is
perhaps the best.

Regards,
Tom Barr

[email protected] 09-06-2003 06:08 AM

Aquabotanic

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 23:26:24,
) wrote:

If you have a problem, see what they will do for you about it.

Oh, I tried.

If you are still not satistfied with reasonable efforts, then don't
buy from them again.

I'm not about to do so.

There's hits for poor plants for about every vendor that's done
this for more than a few years.

This episode went beyond 'poor plants'. Also, I find it unlikely that what
happened to these plants happened in the few days they were in transit
during mild weather.

Trades also are good and buying from your local aquarium society is
perhaps the best.

I've purchased fine plants from local shops. I buy online when the locals
don't have what that I'm looking for at the moment.

Cindy

[email protected] 09-06-2003 06:08 PM

Aquabotanic

wrote in message ...
On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 23:26:24,

) wrote:

If you have a problem, see what they will do for you about it.

Oh, I tried.

If you are still not satistfied with reasonable efforts, then don't
buy from them again.

I'm not about to do so.

There's hits for poor plants for about every vendor that's done
this for more than a few years.

This episode went beyond 'poor plants'. Also, I find it unlikely that what
happened to these plants happened in the few days they were in transit
during mild weather.

Trades also are good and buying from your local aquarium society is
perhaps the best.

I've purchased fine plants from local shops. I buy online when the locals
don't have what that I'm looking for at the moment.

Cindy

Then you are in the right. I'd feel the same way.
I've been burnt and will not order from some places either.
Service really is the main issue that can take care of the customer's
issues even if they get a bag full of mush. I'd just send them a bag
replacement for free. The customer would feel wanted/loved:-) and they
would know you'd take care of them in the future. Plants are cheap,
paying customers are very important.
I'm not this person but that's what I'd do.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Sherry Michael Weller 10-06-2003 07:44 PM

Aquabotanic

Just another opinion, I've ordered from him twice with no problems.

--
Sherry Michael Weller
SAS Distributed Desktop Support

Sherry Michael Weller 10-06-2003 07:44 PM

Aquabotanic

Haha! "800 members"! About 20 regular members visit "your" forum,
from what I can remember and probably see right now. And they are
only people that you "like". No one is allowed to say anything about
your questonable practices on "your own" forum. Posts like "What
online aquatic plant company is reliable?" are cleaned of all
references to any company other than yours.

That simply is not true. I post there and am not any kind of personal
buddy of Robert. In fact I posted before I ever was a customer. Also,
just last week there was a thread with someone asking for other vendors
and it wasn't deleted. Robert also allows posts fro free clippings,
trades, etc.

I suggest you stop worrying about me.
As I said - I will never order from you.
I don't try to convince anyone to not order from you. I just share my
experience. If it was great I'd have said so.

While I have no problems sharing an opinion about a vendor, don't you
know it's a serious breech of manners to post around emails of others?
Please be a gentleman and keep your personal correspondence personal.
Posting a simple summary of your opinion and/or situation would suffice.

Robert H 11-06-2003 01:32 AM

Aquabotanic

(nikolay_kraltchev) wrote in message om...
[...]

Well, thats really odd because I have a charge back right here in
front of me with your name on it. Same first and last name. I'd hate
to think there is two of you. Point is you demanded a full refund...
not a partial one, not to have the plants replaced but a full refund.
And I don't do that. It says it very plainly on my WEB site for anyone
who can read. When I said no, you went to your credit card company. I
am sorry you were unhappy, I am sorry it couldn't be worked out, and I
am sorry you feel the need to bad mouth me. Best of luck to you and I
hope you enjoy your hobby. I won't even bother commenting on your
ridiculous comments about my forums.

Victor M. Martinez 11-06-2003 03:20 AM

Aquabotanic

Robert H wrote:
to think there is two of you. Point is you demanded a full refund...
not a partial one, not to have the plants replaced but a full refund.

So you agree now that the order was for plants and not a CO2 system?
:)

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Bob Alston 11-06-2003 05:32 AM

Aquabotanic

Sherry -

didn't you just do what you admonished the earlier poster not to do?

Bob

Sherry Michael Weller 11-06-2003 03:20 PM

Aquabotanic

Bob Alston wrote:

Sherry -

didn't you just do what you admonished the earlier poster not to do?

Bob

No. Nikolay chose to post *his own* comments here and I replied to them.
I did not take email that was sent to me alone and post it without his
permission. That's the difference.

--
Sherry Michael Weller