GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [Q] Variegated echinodorus becoming normal? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/31319-%5Bq%5D-variegated-echinodorus-becoming-normal.html)

Sir Loin of Beef 10-06-2003 01:32 PM

[Q] Variegated echinodorus becoming normal?

I have an Echinodorus sword plant with various shades of green
variegation in the leaves. That was when I first got it.

Now, all the new leaves are coming out single-colored. What's wrong
with the plant? I'm dosing with Co2, laterite, and JBL base
fertilizer.

RedForeman 10-06-2003 07:08 PM

[Q] Variegated echinodorus becoming normal?

Many sword plants, are started and grown immersed, or out of the water, then
put into water when sold to petstores, etc... After the shock of
transporting and transplanting some/most/all of your leaves that look nice
and wonderful will start to wilt and vanish, but that ok, because new leaves
will be produced afterwards... it's completely normal...

I just plucked a leaf a day and one grew back by tomorrow....