Old 13-06-2003, 02:44 AM
nikolay_kraltchev

Default Let's stop.

This post is about the thread named "Aquabotanic".
I'd like for it to be removed by the moderator.

About an hour ago I received a private e-mail. I have attached it
below. It is the reason I want to have the original thread removed.

It does not matter who is right or wrong. The e-mail that I received,
as well as the original "Aquabotanic" thread have gone beyond
reasonable limits.

I would like to apologize to Rex Grigg for "dragging" him "into this"
as he puts it.

I wish he had expressed his opinion in a more contained way. But it
is his "wording" that makes me feel we have gone too far and too low.
That is not good for the newsgroup. If I am to blame for something
that makes sense and deserves and apology I am ready to do so. And I
apologize to Rex Grigg.

It it my personal view that because of the way the original
"Aquabotanic" thread developed I'd rather see it removed by the
moderator. Or just abandoned by all of us, the members of this
newsgroup. The same goes for this thread with the e-mail attached
below.

It will be hard to disagree about the above.

Please don't take this post of mine as a way for me to put anyone
down, try to come up looking better that anyone else, patronizing
anyone, or being intimidated.
I simply think we need to try to keep this newsgroup at a certain
level that everybody enjoys and benefits from.

--Nikolay

Go right the **** ahead and do so. It will make a perfect bookend to
the public message I posted to you. I don't care how it makes me look
or what people think about me. You are now trying to play the ****ing
little martyr after you dragged me into this. I'm not close to
Robert. I have purchased plants from him once. I have bought a book
from him. I have talked to him on the phone a couple of times. I do
moderate a forum on his board. Beyond that I'm not really what you
would call close. But you bought me into this and attacked me. I
attack back. Given a choice at this time I would give you a high
speed frontal lobotomy. But then again I doubt that would do any
damage, other than maybe perforating your intestines.

From: "Nikolay Kraltchev"
Subject: Aquabotanic
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:29:12 +0000

Rex,

Do you mind if I post your e-mail that you just sent me on the
rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants newsgroup?

Let me know.

And please spare me the street talk. It makes you look bad, not me.

--Nikolay

From: Rex Grigg
To:
(nikolay_kraltchev)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:04:14 -0700

On 12 Jun 2003 15:28:24 -0700, in rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants you
wrote:

Yo, little boy. I did not SPAM the newsgroup. I mentioned where
someone could get a ****ing needle valve. If you don't like this then
maybe you should just place your head back up your ass and go straight
to hell. You have ****ed me off in a royal ****ing way. If you were
anywhere close to me I would rip your ****ing little pin head off and
**** down your throat. So why the hell don't you just go back home
and suck your mommy's tit till you grow the **** up.
Ron,

So I have to shut up when Robert and people close to him (Rex) spam
this group with shameless sales pitches?

So I have to shut up when Robert falsely accuses me of buyng

something
and not wanting to pay for it?

So I have to shut up when I have to share a bad experience?

What is happening here goes like this:
We don't want to associate our hobby with anything negative.
I myself hate to get into all that crap that I see evolved here the
last few days.
So we tend to not talk about the bad experiences. And any person
running an business that is inconsistent benefits from that.

Forgive me people, but every so often that situation bothers me.
Especially when I see a particularly shamless sales pitch.

--Nikolay

Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/#1
Old 13-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Victor M. Martinez

nikolay_kraltchev wrote:
This post is about the thread named "Aquabotanic".
I'd like for it to be removed by the moderator.

This is usenet, there are no moderators.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old 13-06-2003, 05:20 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Eric Schreiber wrote:
the pretense of wanting the discussion to end doesn't work. The *only*
way this stops is for *you* to stop posting, so the other guy(s) will
too.

Or you can do like me and kill the entire thread. That way the group seems
as peaceful as always.

Old 13-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Chuck Gadd

This goes back to that "grown-up" thing. Starting a new thread under
the pretense of wanting the discussion to end doesn't work. The *only*
way this stops is for *you* to stop posting, so the other guy(s) will
too.

Very well said. Neither side is coming out of this thing looking very
classy.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 17-06-2003, 10:10 AM
Gregory Gooden

I won't use any cursewords, but I WILL say that I've had a number of
pleasant transactions with Aquabotanic and no negative ones (including a CO2
set, which I believe was a subject of this thread at some point).

Gregory

om...

Old 17-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Sherry Michael Weller

This goes back to that "grown-up" thing. Starting a new thread under
the pretense of wanting the discussion to end doesn't work. The *only*
way this stops is for *you* to stop posting, so the other guy(s) will
too.

Especially when Nikolay started the whole thing bringing his dirty
laundry into public. Now people are fighting him back and he doesn't
like it. Suprise, suprise.