Old 14-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Toni

Default How long in dark holding tank??

I have a very large shipment of plants (thanks Florida Driftwood) that were
*packaged* for shipping on Thursday afternoon- they arrived Friday
afternoon. They are currently in a fish only garbage can full of tank water
with aeration but no light.
How long can these plants safely remain in the dark?
Will they be ok until very early Sunday AM (like 3-4am)?

I could plant them tonight but would do a much better job Sunday AM.
They are your basic garden variety aquatic plants- some swords, vals,
anubias, bobilitis, etc. Nothing too delicate.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm

Old 14-06-2003, 12:20 PM
WhiskerFish

I would think they would be fine for many days up to a week or more.
Inspect and prune any old stuff prior to planting.

holding tank pmwebdesigns Ponds 0 25-03-2004 09:10 AM
holding tank pmwebdesigns Ponds 0 25-03-2004 09:10 AM
holding tank pmwebdesigns Ponds 0 25-03-2004 09:10 AM
holding tank pmwebdesigns Ponds 0 25-03-2004 08:53 AM
holding tank pmwebdesigns Ponds 0 25-03-2004 04:16 AM