Old 16-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Toni

Default CO2 Ampules??

What's up with this product?

"With the CO2 Liquid for auction here there is no hassel all you need to do
is place one ampule in the aquarium for each 15-20 gallons of water, remove
it after 2 days and it will continue to work for the next 2 weeks. This
whole process takes no more than 5 minutes and is absolutely fool proof."

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm

Old 16-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Chuck Gadd

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:57:34 GMT, "Toni"
wrote:

What's up with this product?

Well, I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you without any
doubts it is not liquid CO2. Most likely, it's a sugar-water
solution. The idea would be that bacteria will consume the sugar, and
produce CO2. This will not result in any measuable increase in the
CO2 level.

Either use the yeast/sugar method, or save your pennies for a
pressurized CO2 system.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 17-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:08:22 GMT, AC/DCdude17
wrote:

What if you just add some Seltzer water/Club Soda?

then for a few minutes, you'll have extra CO2. But the CO2 bubbles
will just rise to the surface, and you'll be back where you started.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 17-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Sherry Michael Weller

If you want to try C02 and not set up a DIY, then try Flourish Excel.
It's not as good as injection, but noticably helps my little low light
tanks.

Old 17-06-2003, 06:08 PM
RedForeman

I too use excel in smaller tanks where CO2 isn't used, and most smaller
tanks are low light anyway, so it's showing good signs of growth, albeit,
slow growth...

Old 17-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Chuck Gadd

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:28:35 -0400, Sherry Michael Weller
wrote:

If you want to try C02 and not set up a DIY, then try Flourish Excel.
It's not as good as injection, but noticably helps my little low light
tanks.

Note: Excel is not CO2, but rather an alternate source of carbon.
I've heard it works well in low light tanks.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua