GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Potassium Oxide? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/32373-potassium-oxide.html)

Skunky 16-06-2003 08:06 PM

Potassium Oxide?

OK, I admitt I'm another who never listened in chemistry. I cannot get a hold of any Potassium Sulphate as directed in the PMDD menu. What I do have is sulphate of Potash (Potassium Oxide K2O) Is this OK to use, safe etc. I'm a little paranoid about adding these chemicals to the water. As for the trace element mix, I've sourced one from 'Chempak', anybody tried it?

Chuck Gadd 16-06-2003 08:32 PM

Potassium Oxide?

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:06:26 +0100, Skunky
wrote:

have is sulphate of Potash (Potassium Oxide K2O) Is this OK to use,

Actaully Sulphate of Potash is K2SO4, Potassium Sulfate. But all
fertilziers are listed in their "oxidized" form. It's some
long-standing governement rule for fertilizers.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

Skunky 16-06-2003 08:39 PM

Thanx Chuck!