Old 20-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Registered User

Location: Worcestershire
Default Trace element %

Managed to hold of some trace elements at last, from 'chempak'

How does this look for % of elements

B= 0.1%
CU=0.25%
FE=3.3%
MgO=7.0%
Mn=3.0%
Mo=0.005%
Zinc=1.0%

Thanx
__________________
'Peace On Earth.....And In The Water'
Old 21-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Dave Millman

Skunky wrote:

Managed to hold of some trace elements at last, from 'chempak'

How does this look for % of elements

B= 0.1%
CU=0.25%
FE=3.3%
MgO=7.0%
Mn=3.0%
Mo=0.005%
Zinc=1.0%

Here is the breakdown for PMDD, a good standard of comparison:
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/pmdd-tim.html

Here is what is in some other mixes:
http://www.aquabotanic.com/plantfer.htm

Old 22-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Paul Davies

Hi
I've worked out the concentrations needed for use with the Chempak.
Just follow this link
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.c...2&m=3366044813

You bshould just need to alter the addition rates according to the volume of your tank.

Paul

--
Skunky

'Peace On Earth.....And In The Water'

Old 23-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Registered User

Location: Worcestershire

Thanx for the reply Paul. I read the threads. I have mixed 2 scoops of the trace element mix into 300ml of water, I've basically followed the sears and conlin recipe. Although I have some KNO3, I have omitted it as my NO3 levels in both tanks range between 10-25mg/l due to reasonable fish load. As for PO4, I have to use resin to keep it at around 0.5mg/l.

I've started dosing the tanks everyday instead of weekly. The tanks are 260l and 300l, I've started off using 5ml daily in each tank. Fingers crossed!
__________________
'Peace On Earth.....And In The Water'
Old 23-06-2003, 10:06 PM
Paul Davies

Best of luck.
I followed Sears /Conlin fairly strictly for about 2 months adding zero
phosphate. I got a nice algae -free tank and my Fe and NO3 stabilised at 0.5
and 5ppm respectively.
I then added about 0.5ppm phosphate and WOW, plant growth took off almost
instantaneously, and NO3 and Fe dropped to zero overnight. Never seen
anything like it. Had to shovel in additives like mad to get a reading. Very
interesting!!

Good luck to you

Paul

"Skunky" wrote in message

Thanx for the reply Paul. I read the threads. I have mixed 2 scoops of
the trace element mix into 300ml of water, I've basically followed the
sears and conlin recipe. Although I have some KNO3, I have omitted it
as my NO3 levels in both tanks range between 10-25mg/l due to
reasonable fish load. As for PO4, I have to use resin to keep it at
around 0.5mg/l.

I've started dosing the tanks everyday instead of weekly. The tanks are
260l and 300l, I've started off using 5ml daily in each tank. Fingers
crossed!

--
Skunky

'Peace On Earth.....And In The Water'

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old 23-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Registered User

Location: Worcestershire

That must have been amazing to see, I bet you thought there was something wrong with the test kits!

Can you recommend a good Fe test kit?
'Peace On Earth.....And In The Water'
Old 24-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Paul Davies

Can't say I can recommend a good one. The one I've been using is
Nutrafin.All I can say for it is that if you add more iron to the tank, the
test colour goes deeper. With no iron, there is no colour. As for accuracy,
for about £3, what do you expect?

Paul