Old 03-03-2003, 01:39 PM
Aqua

Default How do I know I have enough Water Curculation?

Just wondering how do I know I have enough Water Curculation in my
planted tank?
I have a 55USGal (48"X12"X24"), with 2213 Filter. My filter inlet is
at the left side of my tank and I have my spray bar on the right top
(1/2" below water surface). This spray bar pushes water 45 degree
down.

BTW is this the correct way of setting inlet and spray bar?

Thanks and Regards

Dominic (At Work)
Old 03-03-2003, 09:54 PM
LeighMo

Just wondering how do I know I have enough Water Curculation in my
planted tank?

Watch your tank in the morning. If the fish are all near the top of the tank,
you need more circulation.

Also, if mulm is accumulating on the leaves of fine-leaved plants, you may want
to increase the circulation in your tank.

Leigh

Old 06-03-2003, 03:03 AM
linda mar

hi

Also, if mulm is accumulating on the leaves of fine-leaved plants, you may

want
to increase the circulation in your tank.

how do you do this without "bending" the stem plants? I found that my
Aquaclear 201 water cascading bends most of my plants flat (Ozelots) or
sideways (all stem plants).. and when I moved the plant aside abit so it
won't be in directly line of the water flow, it's accumulating goo..

can't seem to find a happy medium.. (so I just shake the plants.. but they
just immediately act as a filter and re-garnish themselves in a matter of
minutes)

linda

Old 06-03-2003, 03:39 AM
LeighMo

how do you do this without "bending" the stem plants? I found that my
Aquaclear 201 water cascading bends most of my plants flat (Ozelots) or
sideways (all stem plants).. and when I moved the plant aside abit so it
won't be in directly line of the water flow, it's accumulating goo..

can't seem to find a happy medium.. (so I just shake the plants.. but they
just immediately act as a filter and re-garnish themselves in a matter of
minutes)

I use a powerhead, aimed diagonally across the tank. It's kind of hard to
control circulation with an Aquaclear.

Have you tried vacuuming the plants when you do your weekly water changes? I
don't usually have problems with mulm on the leaves as long as the plants are
growing well.

And I have an Aquaclear 300 on one of my tanks, and it doesn't squash my plants
flat. Maybe your water level isn't high enough?

Leigh