GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   how long before baby amazons are viable? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/35760-how-long-before-baby-amazons-viable.html)

linda mar 07-07-2003 07:34 PM

how long before baby amazons are viable?

Hi,

my amazon sword sprouted a runner (?) with two plantlets. the plantlets now
have about 2-3inches long leaves and two roots are starting to grow out of
it.

can I cut these two off the parent runner and will it survive (like spider
plant)? or is this something like strawberry runners where you sort of want
them established before you cut them off?

linda

Ryan Wilson 07-07-2003 11:09 PM

how long before baby amazons are viable?

I usually wait till they have 5 or 6 roots on them. Once you move them they
take a quite a bit of time to be established..in my experiecne anyway...
Ryan