Old 10-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Clark McKenzie

Default Pond Help

Hi
I live in the UK & have a small freshwater pond in my garden and recently as
temperatures have risen greatly, a large amount of a certain plant has
developed.
The plant very small (about 5mm in diameter) and has 3 very small light
green leaves. the roots are about 6 centimeters long and the plants roots
seem to be embeddeded in the oxygenating pond weed.
Everyday there is more and more of this plant and I believe it is taking up
a lot of the ponds oxygen. there are only three tench in the pond and there
is also quite a lot of pond weed (is this good?)

any help as to what I should do to stop this new plant would be much
appreciated - or is this plant ok to leave? is the pond becoming stagnant?

thanks!

Old 10-07-2003, 05:03 PM
James Williams

"Clark McKenzie" wrote :

is this plant ok to leave? is the pond becoming stagnant?

Sounds like duck weed, does it float? If so, it will cover your pond but
won't hurt otherwise. Tadpoles eat it.

---

Old 10-07-2003, 06:31 PM
RedForeman ©®

[...]

New Pond: need help selecting pond plants......... Ann505 Ponds 4 11-08-2005 07:05 AM
HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
Help- Need Help with Pond Building Robert Ponds 3 28-07-2003 02:12 AM
Leaves/Debris in Pond- Clean out in Koi Pond? MC Ponds 2 28-05-2003 03:08 PM
Shareholders Pond is an EPDM Pond BenignVanilla Ponds 5 28-04-2003 02:08 PM