Old 03-03-2003, 11:54 PM
Aqua

Default Is this Java Fern?

I received this today. Is this really java fern?

http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/java_fern.jpg

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 04-03-2003, 12:16 AM
LeighMo

Yes, I think so. It's got "trilobal" leaves, which aren't that common. Some
types of java fern produce more trilobal leaves than others. Usually, it's
only when the leaf gets really big that it throws out those two leaflets on
either side. But I have some some java fern that produce trilobal leaves even
when small. It's got shorter, fatter leaves than the garden variety java fern,
and looks quite a bit like yours.

Leigh

Old 04-03-2003, 10:39 PM
LeighMo

Actually it looks like Bolbitus heteroclita (Asian bolbitus)

Hmm. Could be. Here's a pic from AZ Gardens:

http://www.azgardens.com/images/Asianbolbitus.jpg

Leigh

Old 08-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Aquatic-store.com

Picture not there

Marcus
http://www.Aquatic-Store.com

Check out our updated store with co2 equipment, lighting, live plants
and more