Old 16-07-2003, 12:21 AM
Tero Huikko

Default Help needed

Hi,

I always try to do the very best, because it's hard to do better and it
won't haunt you afterwards...but to the point.

I have 700 litres tank with Anubias nana, Anubias lanceolata, Crinum
thaianum, Echinodorus schluterii "leopard" and a few Vallisneria gigantea
and the wont grow or succeed. The Crinum grows pretty good but not as good
as it should. The gravel is 1-2mm clusters pretty fine at some parts (on
the Crinum).

I have two 70W metal halide lamps with 5200K daylight bulbs and they are
80cm above the water level. I went to extremely expensive metal halides
because the tank is 70cm high and "they" told me not to hassle with the
tubes. I give liquid fertilizers twice a week and I have planted solid
fert.rocks on the roots of the plants. Fe is good or more than good. And
yes the tank has fish in it.

Should I move the light closer to the tank (40cm?) Should I buy a CO2
spredder? Should I give up and try to become the King of Norway? Opinions
please.

-TH

--
http://drive.to/oldsclub