Old 17-07-2003, 09:46 PM
Brian

Default 10gal. or smaller planted tank?

I have a 5 gallon planted tank, with a DIY hood housing a $10 CF lamp,
13W if I recall. My only problem is getting enough CO2. My DIY CO2 isn't
good enough; I need a better diffusor.

Brian Heller

It is easier to tame wild beasts
than to conquer the human mind.
Old 18-07-2003, 11:12 AM
E. Mito

For those of you who DO keep very small planted tanks, what kinds of plants
would you recommend using? I'd like to redo my 2 gallon; the main problem I've
experienced with its current setup is that the plants grow too quickly and
large for the tank to stay looking nice. I plan to use java moss and riccia,
but am at a loss for some nice leafy plants. I'm thinking of using lobelia
cardinalis and perhaps java fern...but am not sure what other options to
consider that won't outgrow the tank too quickly.

It's a 2 gallon heated Eclipse Explorer; filtered with a 13W full spectrum CF.
Fluorite sand with a top layer of larger gravel and some decorative rocks.

TIA.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Old 18-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Sergey Politaev

"E. Mito" wrote in message
For those of you who DO keep very small planted tanks, what kinds of

plants
would you recommend using?

As you can achieve high light intensity in small tank much more easier than
in big one (and you have it already), I'd recomend some high light demanding
slow growers. I have good experience of keeping Hemiantus and Micranthemum
in similar conditions. Lobelia also can be a good choice.
--
~SP~
Age doesn't always bring wisdom,

Old 12-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered User

Your choices will be actual bound with such a baby tank. Amano uses rasboras and neon tetras in his aboriginal tanks. Amano shrimp and otocinclus for algae control. But I'd be absolutely afraid to accumulate angle in such a baby tank.