GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Phosphate Source Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/37081-phosphate-source-question.html)

Bill Beam 17-07-2003 08:45 PM

Phosphate Source Question

Can I use phDown by Wardley to provide phosphate to my planted tank?
Everyone says this stuff contains phosphate so I thought I'd try it.
Thx

[email protected] 17-07-2003 08:46 PM

Phosphate Source Question

Bill Beam wrote in message . ..
Can I use phDown by Wardley to provide phosphate to my planted tank?
Everyone says this stuff contains phosphate so I thought I'd try it.
Thx

Often if it's a pH down product and has PO4, it's 30% H3PO4,
phosphoric acid.
Roughly one drop per 20 gallons every 3 days or so will give enough
PO4 for the plants.
This small amount has no impact on pH though.

Regards,
Tom Barr