Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
SlimFlem

Default update on phosphates and hair algea

Well, thanks to the advice of several on this group, I have completely
eliminated all hair algea. LeighMo, simply reducing my light from 12 hours
per day to 10 hours a day and reducing the amount of time my second set of 2
x 65's come on, all hair algea is now gone! my 2 10000K's comes on for 10
hours and during this 10 hour period, my 2 6500K's come on for 4 hours
starting at 2 PM. this is working out great and my plants are doing really
good. i have also added more plants to my tank and my phosphates levels are
going down. they are half what they used to be which is good considering
they were so high. i have not fed in dry foods at all for over a week now.
i have also increased my water change amounts and ordered a Python. thanks
everyone.

jesse

Old 18-07-2003, 10:12 AM
LeighMo

Glad it's worked out for you. Thanks for letting us know how it's going!

Leigh