Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
news.so-net.com.hk

Default Water Temperature Question.

Hi,

I got a problem with my very small tank. I have a 2gal planted tank with a
28W light. Since the bulb is very close to the surface of the tank, it kinda
heats up the tank. The problem arises when I switch off the light. The
temperatures dips quite a bit. With this constant fluctuation, my fishes
fell very sick (white spots) and some died.

My question is, besides adding a heater which i can maintain at 30 degrees
celsius, so as the difference will not be too large, is there any other way
I can cool the water even though my light is on?

cheerios
Vincent

Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
WD

"news.so-net.com.hk" vincent0@signentdotcomdotsg wrote in message
Hi,

My question is, besides adding a heater which i can maintain at 30 degrees
celsius, so as the difference will not be too large, is there any other

way
I can cool the water even though my light is on?

Outside of setting up some kind of cooler, a fan or some such, I'd say the
best thing to do would be to switch to a small flourescent bulb rather than
the incandescent one I assume you have now. The flourescent won't create as
much heat.

bill vincent

Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
LeighMo

A fan will keep your tank much cooler. Aim it over the top of the tank. But
if your tank has an open top, it will increase evaporation, perhaps to an
annoying extent.

Leigh

Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Sergey Politaev

"LeighMo" wrote in message
A fan will keep your tank much cooler. Aim it over the top of the tank.

But
if your tank has an open top, it will increase evaporation, perhaps to an
annoying extent.

And if you realy want to cool tank, not just to move air above the water -
the water have to be evaporated. The more is gone, the cooler the rest -
physics!-)
--
~SP~
I am not a perfectionist.

Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Vincent

Hi,

Mine is an enclosed tank. How am I going to fix a fan inside of the hood and
since its only a 2 gallon tank, where can i find a small powerful fan?

cheerios
Vincent

Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Sergey Politaev

"Vincent " wrote in message

Mine is an enclosed tank. How am I going to fix a fan inside of the hood

and

Fix a cooler inside the hood wall, so it could push air inside or pull it
out, n'importe.

since its only a 2 gallon tank, where can i find a small powerful fan?

Inside your IBM PC.
--
~SP~
"I don't know the key to success,

Old 18-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Robert Flory

"Vincent " wrote in message
Hi,

Mine is an enclosed tank. How am I going to fix a fan inside of the hood

and
since its only a 2 gallon tank, where can i find a small powerful fan?

cheerios
Vincent

Any computer store.
Bob

Old 18-07-2003, 10:14 AM
WD

"Robert Flory" wrote in message
news

Any computer store.
Bob

And Norvac or Radio Shack could sell you the power converter. Switching to
flourescent prolly be cheaper.