GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   are "regular" fertilizer sticks appropriate for aquarium use? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/37225-regular-fertilizer-sticks-appropriate-aquarium-use.html)

Duncan A. McRae 18-07-2003 10:14 AM

are "regular" fertilizer sticks appropriate for aquarium use?

I'm afraid that they'll dissolve too quickly, either creating an annoying
bloom or toxifying my water and wiping out the tank.

Thanks;
Duncan

Tasslehoff 18-07-2003 10:14 AM

are "regular" fertilizer sticks appropriate for aquarium use?

Be sure to place the stick deep in the substrate to minimise water column
seepage and try to use fern/palm varieties that are low in phosphate and
urea/nitrate content.

able.rogers.com...