Old 18-07-2003, 11:14 AM
RifRaf

Default Eclipse 12: Anyone upgrade lighting in one? How much?

I'm thinking of maybe getting an E12 but would want to put a few more
watts in the hood.
I'd be interested in hearing what others have done with this hood.

Chris

Old 18-07-2003, 11:14 AM
RifRaf

Hmm...never mind. Looks like the Eclipse biowheel systems create too
much turbulence for CO2 injected systems. No point in paying for a
hood that you're gonna rip the filter and light out of.

Chris

Old 18-07-2003, 11:14 AM
Rodman

Actually I have the E12 with two Hagen CO2 units. I also upgraded the
lights to the Custom Sealife 65w compact lights. Everything works great.
As long as you keep the water level of the E12 above the output jets you
will be fine.

Rodman

Old 18-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Barry Byrne

I've retrofitted one of my E12s with the dual lamp hood that
Marineland offers for this filter/hood combo. While not the best in
the world, I've now got 30 watts in a 12 gallon tank, and the plants
are doing just fine.