GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CO2 tanks and longevity question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/37238-co2-tanks-longevity-question.html)

RifRaf 18-07-2003 11:15 AM

CO2 tanks and longevity question

I would really like to buy a 2.5lb tank instead of a 5lb for the sake
of space savings.

BUT, can someone tell me approx how long I could expect a 2.5lb tank
to last in a 10g and 20g (half as long I would guess).

I understand that it will vary depending on certain variables....I
just need a rough estimate, ie, 4-5-6 months?

Chris

RedForeman 18-07-2003 11:15 AM

CO2 tanks and longevity question

BUT, can someone tell me approx how long I could expect a 2.5lb tank
to last in a 10g and 20g (half as long I would guess).

I understand that it will vary depending on certain variables....I
just need a rough estimate, ie, 4-5-6 months?

my 5lb bottle, in a 29g mod. planted tank, with 1-3bubbles per sec lasts me
nearly 4 months... @$6.00 per fillup... so even if it was only 2 months, and
costed $10 per fillup, I'd still do it... best algae control you can
buy.....