Old 18-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Zach987987987

Default green algae deja'vu

Curious if anyone has had this problem I went on a snorkling trip to florida
last week and upon my return I found out the person that was supposed to watch
the tank left the lights on for FOUR DAYS there was a massive BGA and fuzz
bloom. I removed the water and filled agian the water was a clear as could be
after a 5 hour cleaning spree, today after my errands were taken care of I came
home to another pea soup tank.

Any ideas why and how I can stop this from continuing? the tank is beginning a
3 day dark period
Old 18-07-2003, 11:16 AM
LeighMo

Any ideas why and how I can stop this from continuing?

Get a timer for your tank lights. It's worth it, even if you never leave the
tank again. Plants do best with a regular schedule.

Sounds like you're on the right track to fixing the current problem. Make sure
the plants have enough fertilizer and CO2 when the lights go back on.

Leigh