Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
nikolay_kraltchev

Default Cool pictures

Some of my Java Fern... Cool picture, took it this morning... hope
you enjoy:

http://www.deepforestaquatics.com/aq...N3516_1net.jpg

And some other pics of mine... some are extreme close-ups... if you
feel like it try to guess which ones :-) :

http://www.deepforestaquatics.com

--Nikolay
Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
David Wee

Wow, incredible pictures! the theme on oxygenating plants is nice. THe
closeups are amazing. Sadly, my digital camera doesnt have manual focus,
so its hard to get those kind of shots.

Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Ghazanfar Ghori

Swing by http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.c...m&s=4006090712
We've got a photography section, which might be of interest to you, and
others
may benefit from your experiences.

Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
LeighMo

OMG, what a gorgeous photo of a gorgeous plant. I wish my java fern was that
spectacular!

BTW, what's that grass-like plant growing in the foreground?

Also, I love that pic on your main page. It would be a good pic to refer
newbies to, when they post panicky message about how their java ferns are dying
or suffering some deficiency, because the leaves are growing in transparent.

Leigh

Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
nikolay_kraltchev

Ghazanfar, thanks for the invitation man. Your tanks are one of the
best I've seen. Bear in mind that I'm damn picky!

I don't approve of Robert H. (the individual that runs Aquabotanic for
those who don't know) because of the way he screwed me sending me some
rotten plants which cost me $80. I will not be visiting his forum,
other than the once or twice a year browsing.

As far as the camera - I use a Nikon CoolPix 4500. Nikon has built an
exceptional macro in this camera. Some of the plant leaves in my
gallery are less than 1/4 inch long. This one was even a tad shorter:
http://www.deepforestaquatics.com/aq...2final_pub.jpg

--Nikolay
Old 18-07-2003, 10:16 AM
nikolay_kraltchev

Leigh,

The foreground plant is weak hairgrass that has a hard time growing.
It's picking up now, but it's still very weak.

--Nikolay