Old 05-03-2003, 03:15 PM
JFM

Default Black Spot Algae...

Some of my slower growing plants, with large leaves, seem to be afflicted by
lots of little pin prick sized black spots.

This seems to be a type of algae but I cannot seem to find much information
about this particular form. It is impossible to scrape off, the only thing I
can do is remove the afflicted leaves.

My tank is well planted and all seem to be doing quite well, and Nitrate is
holding at 25ppm. Other tank specs: Co2 Injection at around 1 bubble a
second, PH at around 6.8. Lighting from 2 x 30" Arcadia Freshwater tubes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

JFM