GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is the perfect DIY CO2 recipe? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/37610-what-perfect-diy-co2-recipe.html)

Mr Stout 20-07-2003 06:02 PM

What is the perfect DIY CO2 recipe?

What is the best recipe for DIY CO2? What is the longest you can go without
changing the bottles? I have tried 2 different recipes and it seems the less
sugar I use the better. I have a 2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp yeast, 1/2 tsp baking
soda recipe that does not seem to last as long as 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp
yeast, 1/2 tsp baking soda (both in 6 cups water). The first will only last
about 2 weeks and the second about 3 weeks. Anyone else have a different/
better recipe? TIA

Mr Stout
www.calvaryweb.us/FishySite

Robert Flory 22-07-2003 03:05 AM

What is the perfect DIY CO2 recipe?

I use the "Jell-o Jiggler" mix listed on the pack, add a little sugar. A 64
oz juice bottle lasts well over a month.

Bob