Old 20-07-2003, 07:45 PM
WD

Default nitriates=0

I have never had a problem with this before, and am not having good luck
finding information on the 'net.

I have a 75 (US) gallon moderately planted tank

Eheim Pro 2320 canister
1/4" Gravel sub 3"
DIY CO2
4x40 fluorescent

4x kuhli loaches
2x common pleco
3x clown loach
5x tiger barb
1x pangasius cat
~9 or so danios
5 black neons
5 neons

Amazon swords, bacopa, java fern, java moss, hygro are the plants, and all
but the java are suffering badly.
I use seachem flourish, but the nitrates remain at 0. Assistance with
getting nitrates up? I'd like to avoid anything too complicated if possible.

billy

--
----
Billy

Old 20-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Alex R

"WD" wrote in message
Amazon swords, bacopa, java fern, java moss, hygro are the plants, and all
but the java are suffering badly.
I use seachem flourish, but the nitrates remain at 0. Assistance with
getting nitrates up? I'd like to avoid anything too complicated if

possible.

Flourish doesn't contain nitrates. Most of us use Potassium Nitrate, KNO3,
to increase the NO3 level. You can find it either as Green Light Stump
Remover at hardware stores, or buy it on eBay or sites like
www.litemanu.com. Seachem also makes a separate product that specifically
provides nitrogen, so you might want to look into that if you don't want the
hassle of obtaining or mixing KNO3.
__
Alex
pcalex (at) hotpop.com

Old 20-07-2003, 10:05 PM
WD

"Alex R" wrote in message
to increase the NO3 level. You can find it either as Green Light Stump
Remover at hardware stores, or buy it on eBay or sites like
www.litemanu.com. Seachem also makes a separate product that specifically
provides nitrogen, so you might want to look into that if you don't want

the
hassle of obtaining or mixing KNO3.

Ah, yes! Of course! Thanks much

billy

Old 21-07-2003, 01:22 AM
WD

"Alex R" wrote in message

Flourish doesn't contain nitrates. Most of us use Potassium Nitrate, KNO3,
to increase the NO3 level. You can find it either as Green Light Stump
Remover at hardware stores, or buy it on eBay or sites like
www.litemanu.com. Seachem also makes a separate product that specifically
provides nitrogen, so you might want to look into that if you don't want

the
hassle of obtaining or mixing KNO3.
__

I found Grants avaiable localy, which seems, according to several websites,
to be pure enough. Any links on info for usage?

Old 28-07-2003, 02:45 AM
Djay

I dose KNO3 (Grants Stump remover) and it works great!

I too have a 75 gal that previously had DIY CO2. I could never stabalize
the Ph over the course of the day with that system. Ph would fluctuate from
7.2, just after lights on, to 7.6, just after lights off (during the peak
performance time of the diy system) and constantly battling algae. Finally
did the pressurized system... and I'm glad I did!

DJay