Old 20-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Exoir

Default is my co2 tank full?

I had my 2.5lb tank filled at a paint gun store.
Its at 1250psi Is this full?
At what psi will I need to refill it?

Old 20-07-2003, 11:34 PM
Iain Miller

"Exoir" wrote in message
I had my 2.5lb tank filled at a paint gun store.
Its at 1250psi Is this full?
At what psi will I need to refill it?

The pressure in the tank won't change much until its almost empty - you need
to measure it by weight. If you look at the tank it may have the empty
weight stamped on it somewhere.

Unless you have some kind of Ph Meter controlling the tank be careful when
you think its getting low. When the last of the liquid CO2 turns to gas the
tank can "dump" & inject massive amounts of CO2 into your tank which will
not be good for its inhabitants.

I.

Old 21-07-2003, 12:16 AM
Pierre-Normand Houle

"Exoir" wrote in message ...
I had my 2.5lb tank filled at a paint gun store.
Its at 1250psi Is this full?
At what psi will I need to refill it?

You can not know if it is full without weighing the tank and subtracting its empty weight. The CO2 in the tank is mostly liquid with
some gaz on top at 800psi (at room temperature). There must be some other gas mixed with the CO2 right now that contribute to the
excess pressure and will be evacuated in a few days of use. The pressure will thus gradually drop to 800psi and not budge from there
until all the liquid CO2 has been used up. When the pressure starts to drop below this level (about 800psi), then it is time to
refill the tank.