Old 21-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Nate

Default Custom sealife britelite ballast failure do to over heating?

Hi,

I've had a Custom Sealife Britelite for about 6 months and the Work
Horse 5 ballast failed last week. I use a 65 watt 6700K compact
fluorescent bulb. The Britelight design seems like it should have had
a fan and I'm wondering if the the ballast might have failed because
it over heated. Anyone else had similar problems with these fixtures
failing from over heating? Also, does anyone know if the Work Horse 5
ballasts have auto shutoffs to prevent them from over heating?
Nate
Old 22-07-2003, 12:06 AM
LeighMo

I've had a Custom Sealife Britelite for about 6 months and the Work
Horse 5 ballast failed last week. I use a 65 watt 6700K compact
fluorescent bulb. The Britelight design seems like it should have had
a fan and I'm wondering if the the ballast might have failed because
it over heated. Anyone else had similar problems with these fixtures
failing from over heating? Also, does anyone know if the Work Horse 5
ballasts have auto shutoffs to prevent them from over heating?

I've had mine for going on two years now, with no problems. I don't think a
fan is necessary. (And it's very hot around here, at least in the summer.)

Are you sure it's the ballast, and not the bulb? I did have one bulb burn out
at six months.

Leigh

Old 28-07-2003, 05:04 AM
Djay

I have workhorse 7s up and running for 16 months. No failures yet. I run
40 watt T12s though.

DJay

om...